That's me, my husband (aka. Cookie Bandit), and our adorable little girl (aka. Pebbles). We've had quite the past year!
- May 2011 - We found out I was pregnant!
- June - October 2011 - Morning sickness...ick. :(
- September 2011 - Cookie Bandit got offered a job we'd been praying for.
- October 2011 - We moved from California to Texas.
- December 2011 - I turned 30, he turned 29, and we traveled out of state every weekend to celebrate the holidays with our families.
- January 2012 - I was HUGE.
- February 2012 - Pebbles made her arrival! Oh yeah...we also bought a house!
- March 2012 - Moved into our new house (still working on unpacking).
- April 2012 - Finally taking a breath.
Starting this week, I'll be posting a few recipes a week, so be on the lookout! I've also updated my recipe box on Tasty Kitchen (search "thecountrycook"), updated my online cookbook and recipe index, and started a Pinterest page devoted exclusively to recipes from this site (search "DCCookin"). If you haven't yet joined Pinterest and want in on the action, shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite. On another note, while I'm keeping my facebook page alive and active, I've decided to leave the world of Twitter - I still just don't get it.
Before all of that, however, will you celebrate with me the before and after?
My before kitchen (in the little bitty apartment we just moved from):
Yep, those are all of the cabinets. There wasn't really room for all of our food, much less our dishes. Needless to say, most of our kitchen things stayed in boxes.
Now...the after (in our new house):
It's also got a pantry and an additional countertop with cabinet storage underneath.
I could just spend all day in that kitchen! I look forward to showcasing many a meal created there.
We've also got one more "cooking space" in this house... :)
Anyways, I'm glad to be back. Thanks to all those who guest posted for me while I was on hiatus. Now...let's get cooking!